Friday, June 20, 2014

Chalky Pink Perfection

I have wanted to dip my toes in the Chalk Paint waters for quite some time now, but I'm a coward, what can I say?

I was cleaning my bedroom the other day and I have a HUGE long wall in my bedroom, seriously, it's like 18' long! In my old house I had all these tiny walls broken up by doorways so I had multiple small dressers. In this house, they were lined up along this big long wall like a dresser parade. They made my bedroom feel really cluttered and I just...snapped. I couldn't take it anymore.

I got on the local classifieds website and did a search for dressers. I came across this beauty but it was 56 miles away, up two canyons. But it was a huge 71" long! I called her right away and told her I wanted it before I even discussed it with the husband (Who would have to get off work early, drive up there, cuz I had no idea where I was going, and load this beast onto a trailer).

Yes, I'm pathetic, the only before picture I have is a picture I took, of the listing on my iPad, with my phone. Don't judge =0P

I think my mom still wants to shoot me because I painted a beautiful piece of wood furniture. But I can't help it, I'm in love with the outcome =0) It is so perfect with my cross stitch rose and my 18 year old wedding bouquet.

The only drawback was that I had to completely rearrange my bedroom. I'm still working on getting it put together but at least it's finally being put together after a year of being in limbo/the catch all room where everything gets thrown when we don't know what to do with it.

I'm finally going to have a real bedroom, not a storage room in this house =0)