Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Ring of Roses

I've been sewing up a storm and I have to say that this quilt is much more involved than I thought, and I already thought it was going to be tricky.


I have had a few hair pulling moments so far but have managed to piece four blocks together to get a little sneak peek of what this quilt will eventually look like.

(Don't look too closely, these blocks aren't squared yet.) I do think I will love this quilt when it's done, if I don't shoot myself before it's finished =0P The directions on this pattern could be a little (or a lot) more clear, I have had to go on a scavenger hunt to find blogs with tutorials to figure out what the heck the lady is talking about on the pattern, but I still think that this method is MUCH easier than the traditional method so I am going to just go with it.

Now I have to walk away from them for several days because I am going to go hang with my mom and my sister and have some girl time with our Grandmother's Flower Gardens. Have a great Fourth of July!

1 comments:

Liz said...

I think I'm going to love it too! I can't wait to see how the ends of the rings are going to come together.