Sunday, April 20, 2008

Ouch


Yesterday I worked at the Scrapbook USA Scrapbook Expo for my friend Anne who owns Scrap Works. I ran the cash register and we were SLAMMED all day long, it was crazy! She had some awesome deals, so it was just crazy busy. I was so tired by the end of my shift that I grabbed my bag and walked straight out the door. It's the first time I have ever been to the scrapbook expo without spending a dime! Unlike those other wild women who spent $140 bucks without batting an eye. I hope it was a very successful weekend for Scrap Works.

Then today I painted my mom's house. We aren't even a quarter of the way done and I am heartily sick of painting. I hate painting anyway, and I am so dang tired, I don't know what my problem is. I feel like I have run a marathon. My back is sore from bending over all day at the expo (the registers were on a banquet table, so we were hunched over all day). My legs are sore from climbing up and down a ladder all day, and my arms are sore from rolling paint. I feel so old and decrepit! I wish I could hide under a rock and not go back tomorrow.

But since I need to offset all that paint negative with something positive, here is a beauty blessing for today. My mom's peach tree is in full bloom, it's gorgeous.


Isn't this the sweetest little bud? It's like a newborn for flowers.


Hope you all had a great weekend!

4 comments:

Jen S. said...

I thought that was you!! That booth was a mad house!! I was going to say Hi, but I couldn't even get close to the register!

Anonymous said...

Wait, Scrap Works had great deals and you didn't get me anything? What kind of sister are you? LMBO Glad you survived!

Liz said...

Your blossoms are beautiful!

Kris said...

I saw you from a distance at the booth and wanted to stop and say HI but it was CRAZY! I worked on Friday and I totally agree with you 100%. Although, I admire that you didn't spend a dime, because I cannot say the same. ugh!