Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Temple Square

The same night we went to the Grand America, we took the kids to Temple Square. This is the first time they have been to see the lights at Temple Square because I was always too terrified to take them up there in that crowd.


I haven't been to Temple Square at Christmas since B and I were dating, so it's been a long while for me. I don't know if things have really changed, or if my childhood memories of Temple Square are grander than the reality, but I was disappointed. It seems like only the small trees were decorated with lights, and the only place that resembled my memories of Temple Square at Christmas was the small courtyard between the south visitors center and the Temple itself.


Main Street Park was also full of lights, more so than the square itself.

It's not the Temple Square I remember, but it was still beautiful and worth the trip I think, even though it was raining the entire time we were there.

I still think the Salt Lake LDS Temple is one of the most beautiful buildings in existence. And for those of you who are not LDS and are curious about what the inside of a temple looks like, there is a diarama in the visitors center that shows what the inside of the Salt Lake Temple looks like.

1 comments:

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Wonderful pictures! Thank you for sharing your trip to Temple Square.