Thursday, August 21, 2008

Vintage Values

I haven't posted any thrifted finds for a while, so I will post some of my recent acquisitions.

I picked up several sheets in anticipation of "Oh Fransson's" next vintage sheet swap. I simply MUST get in on the fun this time!

I normally wouldn't have bought the primary colored one, I am more of a pastel girl but look at the quilt Ms. Oh Fransson made out of vintage sheets and Polka Dot fabrics. I am telling you! It was love at first sight!



I bought the candelabra because I want to make something I saw online somewhere. They had put tea cups on the candle spots and put little flowers in them. I want to put it on my dresser to hold my handmade beaded bracelets. I just need to find the cups, I painted it white today and then PK promptly knocked it off the box I set it on to paint, onto the driveway, so it is already "Shabbied" for me *sigh* He's lucky I like chippy things or he would be toast LOL


And then there is this thing. Can anyone tell me what it is? It looks kinda like a little vase...or maybe a candle stick? Or a decanter? I just can't tell. It's mostly clear glass with a little milky tinge around the throat and the tips of some of the hobnail. I'm just confused on this one.




Some things for my bedroom. The little shoe reminds me of my great grandma, she had a million of these little decorative shoes all over her house. My mom inherited a couple of them and they will be passed on to my sister and I eventually. In the mean time, I have this, and the pink brooch (Which I pinned to the chandelier that hangs over my bed) to remember her by. Her viewing was the day after I found out I was having twins and one of my twins is named after her husband. I have such fond memories of them, and their home.

I have no idea what I am going to do with the pink knob, but I just couldn't leave it behind, it called to me LOL

And last but not least, this darling little high chair. It's only about five inches tall and it is a music box. I love the tune it plays as well, I have never heard it before. I have a soft spot for little high chairs, but sadly, none of my "babies" will fit in this one, it's too tiny.


Also you can see some floral plates, a milk glass footed fruit bowl, and a Willow Tree plaque called "Friendship" that I bought because it reminds me of my sister and I. (Can you tell I am drawn to things that make me think of people I care about? There's a method to my madness, who knew?)

Well folks, that's it for this week. Hope you are all doing well, I sadly have come down with some kind of flu apparently. My brain feels like it is going to burst from my skull at any moment. Hope it follows the trend I have seen around here and is gone tomorrow. I can't take another day of feeling this crummy.

Night everyone!

2 comments:

em's scrapbag said...

Love your old dishes. Hope you feel better soon.

Brandy said...

Very cool finds!! Not sure about the vase thing - but it's very pretty!! :)