Monday, September 15, 2008

I'm ready!

I love my husband, really I do, but good heavens! Can I just tell you how ready I am for that man to go back to work? He's driving me nuts, and killing me off.

He is no respecter of my plans. It doesn't matter what I planned on doing that day, his plans come first and the man loves to shop, not buy, just shop! I know, weird! We have always been backwards, he loves to shop, I hate it!

He is also one of those people who can't sit still for two minutes (I am so NOT that kind of person!) so in these last two and a half weeks off, he has been coming up with projects to work on. The problem with that is that he wants me involved too! It's annoying I tell you! I have things to do!

My routine is shot, my house looks like a war zone and I have a sink full of dirty dishes. I can't take it anymore!

So far this week we have...
Cleaned PK's room
Cleaned PF and K's room
gone through ALL the clothing in the house and purged what doesn't fit, or is no longer loved, full of holes, or just plain ugly. I spent one whole day with the boys whining as they were forced to try on all their old jeans.
We have cleaned out closets
we have cleaned out the storage room and gone through every box
taken loads to the charity shop
have another load to take today
plus piles of clothing to be handed down, sold, or given away.

My family room is still a disaster
My living room is a disaster
my kitchen counters are probably a health hazard but the floor looks great because PF is trying to earn money so he swept and mopped for me yesterday.

What is worse, he still has TODAY off. The stitches come out this afternoon, please say a prayer that they give him a doctors note that says "No Restrictions" so this man can go back to work before he kills me off.

My family room mid-purge. Most of these boxes are empty HOORAY! We put less than 1/4 of the previous volume back into the storage room! And once I sell off a trio of antique chairs that have been in storage, we will have even more room so I will finally be able to put up some shelves to put my etsy/ebay items on and have everything organized and easy to get to rather than in totes stacked in my scrap room.




The final pile bound for the charity shop.


To be sold...
Three antique chairs (need a ton of work but are gorgeous)
A silver plated wedding service (Two goblets, cake knife, cake server)
A huge box of pink silk flowers left over from my wedding (Probably enough to do three more weddings, I kinda over did it on the flower buying)
Nine pair of practically brand new, name brand, size six slim boys jeans

To be bought...
One metal storage shelf

3 comments:

em's scrapbag said...

Isn't it funny that no matter how much we love our dear hubbies their being around too much throws a deffinate wrench in things. At least you are dejunking That's got to be nice.

DottieLou said...

they do tend to get in the way ... One thing i NEVER have to worry about is RY cleaning ..

Carolyn said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I hadn't seen yours before and now I'm glad I did. My goodness you sound just like me! My husband travels, so when he's home I get nothing done because he "wants to spend time together", meaning "I want to you stop what you're doing and do what I want to do!" It rarely involves cleaning though, but he LOVES to shop. And buy. I hate to shop too! I love him dearly, but if he's in town for more than a few days, I want my house back, my bed back and my routine back. He left for Atlanta today, will be home late Friday and then leaves again on Sunday. A few days at a time I can handle. :o) I'm off to read your archives...