Friday, January 2, 2009

I'm stuck in a rut!

I'm stuck in a rut!

My house is over run with the clutter that accompanies Christmas. Decorations on every surface and in every corner. I am so ready for it all to go away!

My whole family room cluttered with bright, shiney, new toys.

A mountain of dirty laundry in the hallway.

A mountain of dirty dishes in the sink (I'm afraid to run my dishwasher these days because it keeps raining down water on my sewing room that is right under the kitchen)

Everywhere I look I find little piles of clutter and chaos and it's making me crazy. I can't take it anymore.

I tried to tackle my bedroom today. Four hours and many bruises later, I moved all my furniture around just to end up putting it right back where it started. Apparently we put it where we did for a reason and nothing is going to work better than the disfunctional layout we currently have.

I am itching to be crafty but have no idea what I want to make. Maybe something Valentiney. But I need to clean my craft room first (Maybe today's project?) because my craft room is everyone's dumping ground. If there is an item, anywhere in this house, that someone doesn't know what to do with....it gets put on my craft table.

Why is that?

How about you guys? Are any of you out there working on anything fun?

4 comments:

Jackie's Stitches said...

Nope...nothing fun here! Cleaning out closets and DS's bedroom, cleaning grout! Taking on this type of project when I could be knitting or quilting or cleaning up general clutter! It never makes sense!

Melissa said...

I can sympathize with you. My house is covered in dust an inch thick from this addition we are putting on the house. I finally dusted on Saturday only to have the mud & tape guys show up moments later. I give up! Cleaning is highly overrated!

Bill Cobabe said...

I got a dremel tool for Christmas and I am looking forward to doing some projects with it... Any ideas?

BAK said...

I still have one more tree to make; MINE! Which means it will never get done. I should have kept all 3 at the same point so that I didn't have a leftover, I guess.

I need to talk to you about a book exchange. Call me if I don't call you!