Saturday, March 21, 2009

Crochet Rag Rug


I am taking a little break in between Preemie hats to crochet a rug for my bedroom. This is made from thrifted sheets and I am loving how it's turning out. Now I just need to make another run to the DI for more sheets, I have had these all ripped and in storage for about ten years, I started a rag rug back then but in a different way, it was sewn with a needle made from a sharpened toothbrush handle. It took FOREVER to get very far on that rug and I have forgotten how to do it, so this time I am just crocheting and it's going much faster. I did all of this in about five hours.

It's so soft and squishy to step on and I think it will look nice next to my bed. The only major draw back is the lint that working with the sheets creates. It looks like I haven't dusted my office for about three years *Sigh*

1 comments:

Shanae said...

I love it! I have wanted to make a rug for my bedroom, but had no idea how to go about it. Yours is turning out so pretty!