Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Recent Readings

I have been in dire need of some fluff lately. It seems like all of my recent reading endeavors have ended in boredom and frustration, I have been unable to find a book that I can really get into for ages.

I picked this book up at my local thrift probably six months ago, primarily because it had "Jane Austen" in the title, and it has been sitting on my bookshelf patiently waiting. I finally got around to reading it last week and I wish I had picked it up long ago. It was light, fluffy, and enjoyable if not a tad predictable. But in my stressed out life, it was just what the doctor ordered.


Following that, I picked up a few books from the library and read "Good Hope Road" in about two days. It was fluff with a darker side, some sad story lines, but all in all a great book. About overcoming our own prejudices and insecurities.


I recommend both of these, if you decide to read one of them, I would love to know what you think.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have read all of Lisa Wingate's book!! Very good!