Wednesday, July 22, 2009

It's been a long time old friend

This came to my door today....EXTREMELY urgent! Ooh la la! I feel so important to be getting extremely urgent mail!


What was in the package you ask?


My long lost friend...my wedding ring. I haven't been able to wear it for about 10 years. I bent a prong and my center stone became lose. I took my ring in to be fixed and it was for a while, then my stone became lose again.


My friend Amy came for a visit in June, she and her husband own "The Gilded Artisan" in Colorado Springs, Co. and she took my wedding ring home with her. Her husband Charlie is a jewelry designer and he fixed my ring for me. Amy was terrified to mail it back to me, but all went well, and my ring arrived safely at my door about an hour ago.


I am so glad to have it back safe and sound, I have missed it all these years. I am glad to be able to wear it again.

6 comments:

DottieLou said...

very pretty

BAK said...

that is awesome! Glad you have it back.

Anonymous said...

It's gorgeous! I can't wear mine right now because my fingers are too big.

Bill Cobabe said...

PS - you have lovely hands...

Julie said...

Its beautiful! I'm glad that it got to you safely.

Thats for posting on my blog!!!

Bridget said...

Glad it was brought safely back to you. Well, I hope the stone doesn’t get lost again. It seems like your ring is quite expensive. The design is very intricate. Did you customize it in any way?

>Bridget Rossi