Saturday, August 8, 2009

Busy Girl

I have been a busy, busy girl.

I have been working on my DQS7 swap quilt. My person asked for non-traditional. I hope she is happy with what I have come up with...

because I LOVE it! I am so happy with the way my idea translated into fabric. It's even better than I imagined. I am going to have to make another one for myself.

I finished sewing on the binding today at mom's house, during our "Girls Sewing Day".

For our GSD's, one of us will chose a pattern, then we all make the same thing together. Perhaps you remember our patriotic table runners from our last GSD...


Mom chose that pattern, the next pattern was chosen by Shanae and we made scrappy mini pinwheel quilts together today (hopefully will have pictures to share soon). I am hoping to finish my flimsy tomorrow since I had to take a chunk out of today to work on the binding for my DQS7 quilt.

The next pattern is mine to chose, and I am stumped. Not sure what I want to make... I have a huge list of things I would love to do, but we try to find things we can complete in a weekend. Maybe I will come up with something Fallish, or Christmasy... hmmmm.

Speaking of Christmas, I have also been making scrappy hedgerow blocks for the "Scrappy Hedgerow Christmas Block Swap". I hated them at first, I thought they were obnoxious, but they are growing on me. Why do I love everyone else's and hate my own so much? I am too self critical. I have two made so far, 10 to go!



What have you been up to lately?

4 comments:

Julie said...

I've been working on finishing a quilt that I had but together several years ago but then it got packed up for our move. It is now quilted and I'm working on the binding.
I love your blocks and the mini quilt I'm sure she will love it!

Robyn said...

I think you should do something fall so I don't feel like a loner doing Halloween stuff!

Shanae said...

I had SO MUCH FUN this weekend! Really didn't want to go home LOL I can't wait for the next weekend, and to see what project you're going to pick out (just remember that I'm a beginner LOL). I always love to see what you're working on; you inspire me to keep trying to quilt!

Anonymous said...

I'm working on my scrappy hedgerow blocks but they only measure 12.25! :(...are yours measuring 12.5? They are so cute! I am only doing 6 but I agree with you, they sure do grow on us as we are making them! :)