Thursday, October 27, 2011

Keeping Busy

I have been so busy at work lately that I come home pooped and have no energy left for crafting. Things are finally starting to slow down a little though, so hopefully I will get my craft on soon.

This past weekend my mom, sister and I had our twice yearly girls sewing weekend. The guys all went golfing, the kids played with their cousins, and the girls hid out in mom's sewing room making tree skirts. I didn't get very far on mine because I decided to be sick that day *Sigh* so mine is only pieced and basted. I love the way our different personalities come out in our projects, even though we all make the same thing.



Last night I was browsing through pintrest and came across the photo of a crocheted minion hat. I LOVED IT and thought "I could easily do that" so PF and I ran to Wally World for some yellow yarn and off I went.


In hindsight I wish I hadn't put the space between his goggles, it looks kinda weird to me. And I made his mouth so it's saying "Whaaaaaa" cuz that was my favorite part of the whole movie =0)Now my other two boys want one too. Guess I know what I will be up to for the next few days!

3 comments:

Mrs. JP said...

Well, I've really missed seeing your projects. Maybe I'll make a tree skirt this year too.

mary said...

I love the minion hat! The sewing weekend sounded like fun too; I need to round up some sewing and knitting friends. Thanks for the idea!!

Ulla's Quilt World said...

Hi! Greetings from Finland! Your quilts are so fantastic! It's so nice to find other quilters all around the world! www.quiltworld2.blogspot.com
Yours, Ulla