Friday, January 25, 2008

Hallelujah

Last night, at 12:08 AM (so midnight basically) a bouncing baby kidney stone was born.

I woke up this morning with no pain, no nothing. It was SWEET!

Now maybe, hopefully, my dang heart palpitations will go away! Keep your fingers crossed because I really need to be done with this and feel healthy for a while.

I told my DH that if my grandma wasn't in the hospital right now with her ruptured appendix that I would have been so tempted to call my mom in the middle of the night and tell her that I was finally done with the dang kidney stone.

The doctor at the hospital said my kidney stone was about 2mm. It actually turned out to be 4 (Yes, I measured it) but even being twice the size that they said, it is disgustingly small and I have to say I was a little ticked! How the crap can something that strongly resembles a piece of kitty litter possibly cause me enough pain that I was vomiting?

Man, with pain like that I was expecting something that more closely resembled a golf ball, not a tiny fleck. Amazing how something like that can bring a grown person to their knees.

Now I have to go get dressed because it's 10:00 and I have to leave in half an hour to go meet my mom for lunch.

0 comments: