Friday, January 25, 2008

Lagoon


This is a picture of the "Turn of the Century" from across the lake.

This is probably my favorite ride in the entire park, basically just a great big swing. You sit in these little woven swings and the center raises up and spins, tilting to the side so that you swing out over the lake. It is the closest I can come to feeling like I can fly. I spread my arms out and close my eyes and just feel the wind rush across my face.


When I was a little girl, the movie "Super Girl" came out, and near the beginning when she first discovers she can fly, she flies through a forest then glides down and runs the tips of her fingers across the surface of a lake. That has always been my ideal and that is the image that is in my head as I ride the "Turn of the Century".

I block out the screams from nearby coasters, I block out the fact that I am surrounded by thousands of other people and in my mind I am gliding through the trees and skimming peaceful waters with my fingertips.


That ride never lasts long enough for me.


All in all we had a fabulous day! There were two mini melt downs but they lasted only a minute or two and the boys were so well behaved. There were excited and had fun and there was no whining until the very very end when we tried to convince K to go on the spider one last time. He did NOT want to go, had managed to convince himself that he hated roller coasters within the last hour or two and wanted nothing to do with one last ride. He whined all through the line but had a big grin on his face by the time the ride stopped LOL


We were some of the last people out of the park and the boys were sound asleep before we were even out of the parking lot.


They are pretty cranky today so I am sure we will pay the price for keeping them up so late and so completely wearing them out yesterday, but it was worth it, I am so grateful for the chance I had to spend the day yesterday with my children, B, and my sister doing something fun and carefree and really truly enjoying ourselves.


I can't wait to go again next year!!

0 comments: