Friday, January 25, 2008

Lagoon


I am composing the next several blog entry's in descending order so you can go through our day consecutively instead of starting at the bottom of the page and reading upwards. I am doing this because I want to share several pictures and am apparently not smart enough to be able to figure out how to add more than one photo to a post


Last saturday was B's work day at Lagoon. Luckily, he had to work that day so they gave us tickets to go anytime we wanted and also meal vouchers. It worked out MUCH better (because we didn't have to go to the company BBQ and eat nasty hamburgers, and we didn't have to run into people he works with all day long). I hope he has to work on Lagoon day again next year!


Since we have three boys, we invited my sister to come with us. That way each of the kids would have an adult rider and my sister would get to enjoy herself. She hasn't been to Lagoon in about 15 years because her husband and her kids all hate rides.


Not my kids, my kids LOVE them! The new ride this year is called Wicked and it is aptly named. I screamed! Not in a "Hey this is fun and you always scream on roller coasters" kind of scream but an actual scream born of sheer terror. What a rush! The cars are seated in two rows of four and you enter a short tube, at the end of the tube you emerge into daylight as you are literally LAUNCHED to the top of a tower, basically laying on your back, at which point you pivot over the top of the tower and fall face first straight at the ground. As you look at the picture above you can see the top of the tower right there on the right side. I don't even remember the rest of the ride, everything after that tower was a total blur LOL, I do remember going upside down at some point but that's about it. The twins LOVED Wicked and went on it twice, once was enough for me! Karson wasn't tall enough to go which was probably a good thing, since we went on this ride first thing and I think if he had gone we never would have got him to go on another ride all day long .

It was one of those things that was such an experience that you just can't stop talking about it afterwards. And is proof that I have the ability to totally block traumatizing experiences completely from my mind because I remember very little about this ride other than the fact that I screamed the entire time.

0 comments: