Thursday, February 7, 2008

Not Just Another Ordinary Tissue Holder

Ok, so I saw these tissue holders in a blog I read. She mentioned a free tutorial and gave a link, I followed the link and after searching forever, I never could find a tutorial for it.

So, the next day the search began in earnest. I googled it, and after clicking roughly 3,285,673 times, I stumbled across this website with links to several different tutorials.

I have modified them a bit and found that 5 1/2 x 7 is the best size. I am hoping they still fit regular Kleexes because the ones I have right now are an off brand (and have soccer balls on them as you may be able to see in the picture).

I made a few plain ones like the ones in the tutorials, then I thought "Those are kinda boring" and in Typical ME style, I amped them up a bit.

This one is for me, I really like it! Although I think I should make a more subdued one for the funeral, this one is a little garish .





This one is for my mom who seems to adore purple lately. I made these from my scrap bins and I think they are much more interesting that just one piece of plain old fabric. Don't you?




This is one of the first ones I made, when I started to think that they were a little boring and I needed to spice them up a bit. Sorry the picture is bad, I forgot to hit the macro button. Oh well. Look at how perfectly the flower matches up on the right side. I couldn't have done that if I tried, it was sheer coincidence.

I added a little strip of contrasting fabric down the sides and a decorative stitch rather than a ribbon on this one.


I also made some of these (the plain ones LOL) to give to my aunts at the funeral, I need to find out what color Grandma's dress is so that I can make one to match and give it to her.

1 comments:

Robyn said...

HOoray, you're up and running. Now you've been TAGGED!!