Monday, February 11, 2008



This weekend we gathered together to say goodbye to my Grandpa. The resounding theme throughout the service was that he was a great and honorable man. Honest in his dealings, steadfast in his loyalty and dedicated in his service. He was admired by all who knew him because he was a truly GOOD man. They just don't come any better than him.


There was a display of memorabilia. A model of the plane he flew in, his service photo, an ID photo taken of him in the POW camp, pictures of him with his siblings, wife and children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren. He really did love the little kids, he loved to tease and tickle them and when he was sick in the hospital he got upset when he heard we were coming because he didn't have any candy for the little kids. My children are so heartbroken...we all are.


This is the casket spray, and this word sums up my grandparents relationship nicely. They truly were sweethearts. Soul mates.



My Grandpa was buried with full military honors. They had a flag ceremony, a 21 gun salute, and my Uncle Randy was able to present my Grandmother with the flag from Grandpa's casket. He could barely say the words through the tears and then he had to play Taps as well. It was beautiful and my cousin Tony (Randy's son) played the echo. Such a hauntingly beautiful melody.


These emblems were on the four corners of the casket and at the end of the service were removed and presented to the children.


These are my Grandparent's children from left to right
Randy, Jennifer, Steven, Nedra, Corey, Lori, and Kerry (My dad)


Goodbye Grandpa, I love you. May your reunions in heaven be joyful, and may your earthly body rest in peace.

1 comments:

Jason & Jennifer Lott said...

Good to see you again, as well! Love your blog.

Sorry to hear about your grandfather. I am thinking of you and your family at this time.