Friday, April 18, 2008

Long Time...No See

Wow, it feels like it has been forever since I had a chance to drop in and say hello. How have you all been doing? Good I hope. Sorry to have neglected you, I have just been so busy.

My parents are remodeling...can't remember if I told you that or not. Anyway, I have been helping my mom clean out her house, and get it ready for carpet, tile, and paint. DH laid their tile flooring yesterday and he did such a wonderful job. It is going to be beautiful and I hope mom thinks it's worth it having her house torn apart (she isn't coping with that part very well LOL).

Anyway, with all of that, I haven't been home much and when I am home I am too dang tired to do anything. But today, no big plans. I took K in for his last dentist appointment (now the bills will start coming in *gasp*), we met my mom for lunch, then I came home and finished my applique needle case from my applique class. I finished my butterfly too, but no picture of that yet sorry.

Anyway, here is the outside of my needle case. I like the fabrics, but it's a little bland I think. It needs more color.


The inside has wool "pages" to hold your needles and pins and I added some pockets that weren't in the original pattern, there is a big pocket on the front inside cover, and three skinny pockets to hold the three different sizes of applique needles in their tubes.





I also have a picture of some thrifted finds that I never got around to posting about. I got this awesome shelf for $3 can you believe it? It's painted a horrible drab gray color, I am going to paint it a soft aqua. It has really cool anaglypta wallpaper stuff in the back of it but you can't see it in the picture. A wooden bowl (that will be getting a fresh paint job), paper mache rabbit (I looked all over for one of these at Easter and NOW I find one *sigh* Oh well, I will be ready for next year). The rest; a pressed tin BELIEVE sign, a music stand, a cool black and cream plate (wish I had bought the other one, they look really cool in my plate stand) and a set of sheets (Top and fitted for $2 yay).

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great stuff! I was going to go looking around with this paycheck, but I went to JoAnn's and got more yoyo fabric instead LOL