Friday, May 2, 2008

It's a sign...


Do you ever feel like you are tripping along through your life and then all of the sudden, out of the blue, you stumble across something, a message from above that says "You are on the right track, keep going."

I have been praying for help for quite some time now, years in fact, for something that I really struggle with.

I thought I had found a solution but then started to doubt myself. Then today, I found something that I feel is really a confirmation that I am headed in the right direction.

Do I think this solution is going to solve my problem? No
Do I think this solution is going to give me some much needed peace and comfort? Absolutely.

I feel like God has shone a light down from heaven and said "Yes, this is what you have been looking for, this will give you peace."

On another note, today was our first grade field trip ACK! It wasn't nearly so traumatic as I feared. I haven't been able to sleep for a week worrying about it, I was sure I was going to loose a kid, or someone would get hurt, or left behind. We are talking serious panic here. But alas, we all had a good time, I got them all home and handed off to their parents safely. AAAAH hopefully I can sleep tonight!

We took the kids to a "Farm", which is more like a zoo of farm animals LOL but they all enjoyed it. It is after all spring and there were babies EVERYWHERE! And of course, stupid me, I forgot my dang camera! UGH

We saw baby chicks
baby goslings
baby bunnies
baby lambs
baby cows
baby ducklings
baby goats
we even got to pet a baby Pygmy goat. OH MY HECK it was the stinkin cutest thing I have ever seen! So tiny, even the adults are the size of a medium sized dog. Oh I just wanted to bring it home and snuggle with it, and it made the sweetest little "Meh" sound when it cried. Tugged at the heart strings, I am tellin' ya!

Man, I wish I didn't have to paint tomorrow, I would load my kids up and take them down there to see all the little animal babies (and take my dang camera this time!). But alas, I am painting tomorrow, yes, I am going to spend my 35th birthday, a milestone, painting my mom's dang house.

I am kinda bummed. I thought my 35th birthday would be a bigger deal, but alas, I am going to be painting (which I hate) DH VOLUNTEERED to work overtime, and my youngest son, who's birthday is on tuesday, is spending the weekend with MIL shopping for his birthday presents (his idea, not mine).

I just feel like saying "Anyone else want to desert me on my birthday???"

0 comments: