Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Good things come in threes too

Today I learned that not just bad things come in threes, good things do too, it's just that we pay more attention when then bad things are coming at us I guess.



So I admit I am a little behind the times, but MIL took me to Sonic once several years ago and I am not sure what I ordered, but I didn't like it, so I decided that Sonic sucks and I never went back. Yesterday DH and I were driving around running errands and I thought I was going to die from heat stroke (AC in the van is caput) so I told him we should get a drink at Sonic, since it's happy hour and they are half price. So we pull in and look at the menu and the cream slushie concept intrigues me. DH likes their cherry slushie but I am not a big fan. I decide to try a lemon berry cream slushie and I am now a full blown Sonic convert. It was heavenly, like sucking cold Skittles through a straw, absolutely loved it!



Second good thing... DH loves, I mean LOVES strawberry jam! He could probably drink the stuff he loves it that much. So, my mom calls me yesterday and says "I picked two huge bowls of strawberries from the garden yesterday and I don't have time to do anything with them, why don't you come get them and make some jam for B? So I did. I made 19 16oz jars of strawberry jam and it is pretty dang tasty if I do say so myself. I don't know why I convince myself that I can't do things, I thought for sure I would totally screw this up, but with B helping me top and halve the berries, then my mom holding my hand and helping me out, we managed to get it done and I am so thrilled, I feel so domestic LOL Now I won't be so afraid to try it again when my own strawberries come on.



Third, when I got home this evening there was a cute little plant on my kitchen table. I said "Where did this come from?" and the boys said "It's for you!" Then they gave me the cutest little poster/card from the twins class saying thank you for all my help in the classroom this year. How sweet is that? I have never had a teacher do that before, it was so nice of her.

And a fourth good thing, just because, my parents took us out to dinner at Hires, my favorite restaurant. Looooooove it!

Sorry about the bad photo quality, I just didn't have good lighting tonight I guess.

0 comments: