Monday, June 16, 2008

I'm Free, I'm Finished, I'm Off to the Races!

Yay, I am done with school for the year. Testing was Brutal, I had a six inch pile of papers to correct YUCK! First graders DO NOT get the concept of "We are testing, you are not allowed to talk!" It's a very difficult thing for them to go for an hour or longer without talking. And it's so aggravating to have parents schedule dental or doctor appointments during testing time. We give them ample notice that we will be testing, then I spend my whole week trying to figure out when I can get everyone who missed a section caught up on their testing. I am just so glad that it's all done! Whew!



I also got my mini quilt finished and turned in. Granted I didn't start quilting until 10:00 PM on the 13th and it was due at 5:00 PM on the 14th, but we got it done and turned in with an hour to spare. Wish me well! I don't have any illusions that I am going to win this contest, but hey, I did something I didn't think I would be able to do, and I got it FINISHED which is a huge thing for me, I am a chronic un-finisher LOL.

I wish I could say that now that school is out I will be around a little more, but the truth is, we are leaving for Vacation tomorrow (a couple days lakeside with my sister and her family) and then when we get back from there, we are going on our annual four day quilt shop hop (I AM STOKED!!!!!), then after that we are going out of town for a few days to spend the 4th with my cousin and her family, and to see my little Nephew be baptised. Also throw my cousin's Bridal shower in the mix, it's on Saturday, I am still trying to figure out how we are going to swing that one.

It's going to be a busy (And expensive!) month or two. Gas alone is going to kill us. If these gas prices don't come down soon, we may have to all just stay home and not go anywhere at all.

1 comments:

Robyn said...

I'm glad you're done with school and can enjoy the summer! Are all your sickies gone?