Sunday, June 8, 2008

Is anybody out there?

Sorry, I haven't posted in ages, I feel like I have been sick forever.

I got pretty much over my cold and had one whole day where I felt pretty good, but BLAM I woke up Thursday morning unable to swallow and round two seems to be worse than round one ever thought of being. I hope this ends soon!

I only have one more week left of school YAY! I am so ready to be done. I am ready to get a little break from all these little germy creatures and see if I can actually get healthy again.



Last weekend was the "Big Dipper" for my youngest son K. We told him he got to choose who baptised him, and he chose Grandpa. Sadly not many people made it because everyone else is sick too LOL but we had my parents, my MIL, my sister and her family, my cousin and her family and my Aunt and Uncle. We also invited our neighbors from across the street. She is the one that watches the boys for me in the mornings for a half an hour between when I leave for work, and when they catch the bus.

The day was great. He looked so handsome in his white suit, and the weather was beautiful, the food was yummy, and my house got cleaned =0P.



Next weekend is Father's day, I am so excited for my Dad's gift. I found the sweetest picture of my Grandparents (I can post about it here because my parents think that blogging is ridiculous and I doubt that they would ever come here.) Anyway, the picture is of my Grandparents on the Fourth of July. They look like teenagers, it's so cute. My BIL is a photoshop guy so I sent it off to him to work with and make it beautiful, then I am going to frame it and give it to my dad for Father's day. I am also going to give one to my Grandma for her Birthday which is Father's Day Weekend. This year will be hard because it's our first Father's day without my Grandpa and I think this will be a nice gift for my Dad and Grandma.

Also a couple of months ago B and I sneaked off to a matinee movie while the boys were in school. (We should do that more often, we were pretty much the only people in the theatre, and we didn't have to pay a sitter LOL). Anyway, after the movie we went down the mall to the hobby store so DH could look for a part of his helicopter. I was wandering around and found a model of a B-24 that is one that we have actually seen in real life. My Grandpa was a radio man on a B-24 in WWII and went down over occupied France, was captured, and a prisoner of war. We are very very blessed that he made it home, it was a close call. Anyway, these men that owned this b-24 offered to let my Grandpa fly to Reno with them (He just had to find a way back home) and he told them no, he wouldn't get on another b-24 because the last time he did, he had to walk home LOL.

Anyway, I think this Father's Day is going to be emotional, and I think my choice of gifts hasn't helped things any LOL, I just hope the gifts give comfort and not pain.

This is a picture of my Dad in front of the plane I got the model of. The guys who own this plane are so great, they let us go inside and see where my Grandpa sat. He was on a little stool right above the bomb bay doors. I can't even imagine how freaky it would have been to sit on that tiny stool when those doors were open and you were so high above the ground. The whole story of my Grandpa's plane going down, and his survival is a mystery. He blacked out, he has no idea how he got out of the plane (There was no easy way to get out from where he sat unless the bomb bay doors were open, which they weren't) but the only other survivor of his plane swears that he saw the Holy Mother yank him out of his seat and throw him from the plane. It gives me chills to think about it, and I am not sure what happened, I am just grateful that my Grandpa made it home and married my Grandma.

5 comments:

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

That photo of your grandparents is gorgeous! I am sure your father and grandmother will love their gifts. I am sure it will help them remember the good times.

jacquie said...

Gosh I hope you are feeling better soon. Congrats on the baptism!

Liz said...

I'm trying to send healthy vibes your way! Being sick stinks...

Candice said...

Hope you're feeling better soon girl! I miss you!

Kris said...

That picture of your grandparents is priceless. I love it! Congrats on the baptism... It's a funny feeling when your baby hits milestones! BTW.. love the crocs.