Monday, June 30, 2008

Vacation day three cont.

Sorry, all my "Stuff" from the shop hop is at my mom's house (In her trunk) so you are going to have to wait for those pictures, so I will show you some more of my boring vacation slides LOL

So after we got back from our field trip to Paris, and picked the guys up from golfing we headed back to the condo. The kids were hot and the ever present "BORED" so we decided to head down to the lake to play in the water. I was NOT looking forward to this, but when we got there I actually had a lot of fun. The kids were playing in the sand, running out to their chests in 70 degree water, and having water fights with their water guns.

This is my nephew C standing on the shore, isn't he cute?


My boys and their cousins charging off into the water.





The thing I love about Bear Lake is that, although the water is a little nippy, you can walk out quite a long ways before the water gets deep, so there is plenty of space for everyone to play. You used to be able to walk forever without the water getting deep, but the lake is so low right now, thanks to our ten year drought, that the shallows aren't as long as they used to be, but still longer than most lakes.


Shanae and I walked along the shore picking up thousands of tiny shells. I had one of the little sand sifter toys, so I would scoop up and tray of sand and sift it in the water leaving behind a mass of shells which we would then dump into a bucket. I brought home a whole bucket and so did she. I don't know what we are going to do with them, but we had fun collecting thousands of tiny little shells. Sorry, no pictures of that because that would involve pictures of me in a bathing suit, and we just don't want to go there LOL



We stayed at the beach until the sun started to go down, by then the boys all had chattering teeth and sand in their shorts and it was time to head back to the condo. It's amazing how much longer that walk is when you are exhausted from walking in sand and water, and let me tell you, a bucket full of shells get REALLY heavy, really fast!

We headed home, took showers, then put the kids to bed and the adults stayed up and played Scattergories and dominoes until we were so tired we were practically comatose.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you ever get all the shells picked up out of the back of your van? I can't wait to fill the cute jar you found with all my shells!