Saturday, June 28, 2008

Validation

When I set off to turn in my mini quilt, the entry form for the contest required that you name your quilt. I chose to name my quilt Validation because it was something I never thought I would be able to do (make 3" quilt squares, with all their itty bitty, teeny tiny pieces, that actually worked out, AND turn them into a quilt).

I doubted my abilities the whole way, but I surprised myself when my little quilt turned out to be quite striking. I knew from the get go that as a beginning quilter, I didn't really stand a chance of winning this contest, after all, I could see every single flaw in my little quilt from the two points I totally cut off in one block, to the sashing that didn't quite line up, to the quilting that wasn't quite the same from block to block, but I loved my little quilt and was proud of it, no matter what, and I didn't need a judge to tell me that I had succeeded in doing something I never thought I could do, and doing it well.

So imagine my utter surprise when we walk into the quilt shop, I am wandering around trying to locate my quilt when I hear my mom's friend Peggy say "It's over here!"


My little quilt...MY little quilt was there, right above the sign in table and pinned to it was a little sign that said "First place winner, Individual Category".



I'm telling you, you could have knocked me over with a feather! All I could manage to do was stand there with my mouth agape. Who would have EVER thought I would be the winner? Certainly not me! Do you know how many quilts I made before this one? Exactly one and a half, this was the first one I had ever 100% finished.


I am bowled over, blown away, and....well....Validated. It was a good name for my little quilt after all!

What did I win you ask? I won a $180 Tutto Quilt On Wheels tote bag. I got to choose between Pink, Green, and Purple. I, of course, chose pink =0P


We have one day left of the quilt shop hop, so I will update with more pictures etc after it's all over, I just couldn't wait to share my news with you all. Have a happy weekend, I know I am floating on cloud nine!

6 comments:

Candice said...

Congratulations Jeanette! You totally deserve it! Everything you make is totally perfect!

Magnolia Street Style said...

Congratulations!! What an exciting honor.

jacquie said...

Oh my goodness...what a great feeling it must have been. Congratulations! Well deserved I'm sure!

Cami said...

Congrats! So exciting! What a great accomplishment.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations again! So glad I could be there to get all misty-eyed with you! It really is a beautiful quilt!

Anonymous said...

You are too cute! And your quilt looks great!