Saturday, July 12, 2008

Blue Friday

Do you ever have one of those days where you just feel mopey and sad and you just sit in your PJ's all day and can't motivate yourself to do anything.

I had one of those days yesterday. I think there are several factors that were working against me.

#1- the fact that I am not working right now with school being out for the summer, I have no compelling reason to get up and get moving.

#2- My recent lack of sleep. I am not in an insomnia cycle right now, just staying up later than I should and therefore depriving myself of needed sleep.

#3- My apparent inability to break into any of the "Cliques" in this neighborhood. I feel so lonely here. They all get together to do things, but I am never invited. Well, unless it's to one of their craft days and they want me to teach them something. I have helped them learn to quilt, embroider, crochet, and applique. But if they aren't doing something they need help with they "Forget" to invite me.

I keep writing these big long paragraphs but they come out sounding so whiney that I am just going to delete and figure you all probably know how I am feeling right now. And if you don't, look around for that girl that looks sickeningly lonely, and invite her to hang out with you and your friends.

So anyway, yesterday sucked. I pretty much cried all day long and then I watched Steel Magnolias, it's always good for an emotional cleansing LOL. Today I am feeling much better thank heavens and ready to be part of the human race again.

I am trying to think of what I want to work on. B is on graveyards this week so I need to be able to keep the kids quiet, which usually means leaving the house, but I really really want to make something. I have the fabric for a 4th of July table runner, maybe I will get started on that. It's from the recent Quilts and More magazine, right on the cover.


I also plan to make a simple striped Christmas table runner, and a Happy Hour "Snapshots" quilt, a red and white churn dash quilt, a yellow and white baby blossoms quilt, and and and and

I buy all this fabric for specific projects, but never get around to actually MAKING them. I am bound and determined to do my happy hour quilt though because I love the pattern, and my fabrics so much!

What are you working on?

4 comments:

jacquie said...

Yup. Have those days too! Shame on those women! I'm having coffee and homemade cinnamon buns in the morning. Interested?

Liz said...

Do you know the book Alexander and the Terrible Horrible No Good Very Bad Day?

My mom says some days are like that - even in Utah...

I hope next week is better. I might be tempted to be unavailable next time they "need" me...

Anonymous said...

Sorry your day was yucky! You always have a standing invitation to anything I do! LOL You just have to get here. I can't wait to see what you start working on. I, of course, am working on the eternal yo-yo quilt, and my farm cross stitch. And maybe some Yellowstone pictures LMBO

Sarah and Jack said...

I think we might be long lost twins (and I am so happy to have discovered your blog!).

I also love to watch Steel Magnolias when I need a good cry. (And actually, that movie is why I named my kid Jackson, lol.)