Thursday, July 3, 2008

A Thrifting We Will Go

It has been a long time since I have posted any of my thrifted treasures. It was a long time before I took pictures of them and the pile was growing out of control so I had to get some pictures taken so that I can put some of this stuff away!



Moving left to right...
First is a speed tufting kit. I think it is a tool to make wool loop rugs. If it is, I am excited. I found a rug pattern that I really love in a book I bought on the quilt shop hop and I can't wait to try it. If I find a cool tool that makes it even faster then that is a bonus right?

Next is the vintage baby scale, I am SO THRILLED to find this. I practically ran across the room to snatch it up. There was no price on it so I asked a clerk, it came back at $3.00...SOLD!
I had another one of these that was green. I have no idea what happened to it, I am pretty sure I didn't send it to the thrift store (back in my ignorant days) but I can't for the life of me find it. It's in a box somewhere in storage I hope.
I bought a blue plate with a pretty gold detail for my sister who is collecting tiny plates. We both love this color of blue.
And a vintage story book.

On top of the scale I bought another hobnail vase to match the one I have. I love filling them full of red roses and daisies. A hobnail bowl with a million and one uses, and a tiny egg cup that I will turn into a pin cushion.

A poor little homely Berjusa circa 1964 that will go straight to ebay. And a cute vintage sheet to make some lounge pants out of if I ever get around to it.

Some cool Vintage looking tins, with one missing lid darn it.


Some fun Americana things for the family room.


A little fishing creel to go in the boys cabin themed bedroom, little tiny pie tin to make a "Tart" pin cushion, and a very pretty vintage tin box that reminded me of the one I got from my Great Grandma (See the red tin in my blog header). And last but not least this awesome vintage tin wall pocket. I have NO idea what I am going to do with it, but I loved it too much to leave it there. It matches nothing in my house *sigh*.


Oh, and just in case anyone knows, the painted tin has some kind of nasty sticky substance around the rim of the bowl, under the lid. I am afraid to use anything to get it off for fear of damaging the paint but it is not water soluable. Any ideas on what I can use that won't damage it?

4 comments:

Jen S. said...

What fun treasures you have found!!! I have no ideas about the tins. Sorry!

jacquie said...

I've used Goof off successfully on a few vintage items when people get crazy with sticky price tags. Put it on the tip of a towel and just try to dab the sticky area itself and then rub gently with a paper towel. I don't soak it or pour it on. A tiny bit can do the trick.

Liz said...

Wow! That's great! I alwasy seems to find a couple of things - but you got the mother load!

Anonymous said...

Once again, I bow to the queen of the DI :) I love the plate, can't wait to see it IRL