Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I can't believe it!

And now, the day we have all been waiting for (Well at least I have). The yo yo pillow, an event nearly two years in the making, is FINALLY finished.

All thanks to...Donna, of "Donna's In the Attic".


I have been 90% finished with this pillow for at least six months. But I was stuck, I had no idea how to make a bolster pillow. I searched high and low for directions and couldn't find any. I was just going to have to fake it, and I have no faith in my faking abilities! So I just put it in my UFO drawer to be dealt with later. And it has been sitting there gathering dust ever since.

But then I happened by Donna's blog and saw that she was hosting a yo yo challenge. She gave me the courage I needed to take the leap. I thought and planned for about two days then I had a moment of inspiration. It just might work...


Of course, being me, I goofed. There was supposed to be a ruffle around the edge and I blew it. I totally forgot to put the ruffle on *Sigh* but I think it's still ok. It may even be better without the ruffle because most of the other shams on my bed have ruffles, and this pillow is already so busy...


But anyway, here it is. I hope you love it as much as I do. If so, rush out and buy yourself a clover yo yo maker and get busy!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep, I love it! It's beautiful!

Jennifer said...

ABSOLUTELY beautiful!! I;m definitely going to have to get on the YoYo train!

Anonymous said...

I love your pillow! It is so cute! I can't wait to show everyone!

What a GREAT idea!

Thank you so much for joining in on my YO-YO Challenge!

Donna

Liz said...

It is lovely - and your photo is perfectly styled!

Anonymous said...

holy cow! That is SO cute!!!!

Candice said...

That turned out so cute! But, I'm not the least bit surprised! Everything you do is perfect! :)

Jenna Z said...

Wow, so cute!! Love the colors! And of course, love the yo-yos!