Sunday, October 12, 2008

Feeling disturbed.

Driving down the road today with my parents and children, we came upon the scene of an accident.

Several cars were involved and heavily damaged. One truck had jumped the cement median, crossed four lanes of traffic, then gone up over the curb and onto the lawn of a bank. The driver of that truck, obviously not wearing a seat belt, was thrown into the windshield where he left a large star with his head, then ejected from the truck and his body was in the middle of the road.

We were so soon after the accident that there were not yet any emergency responders on the scene. There were people gathered around the man in the middle of the road. He wasn't moving.

Others were trying to divert traffic through a parking lot and away from the injured man.

I have spent all day praying for him, for his family. I am so worried, I wish I knew his condition because thoughts of him have consumed me all day long.

Please take a moment to say a prayer for him and his family and all the others involved in the accident.

Ironically, today in church we discussed living each day as thought it were your last, never hesitate to repent, to pray, and to bring yourself closer to God. I just pray that today isn't the last day for this man.

5 comments:

Cynthia said...

I'm so sorry! Things like that are so scary. When I was a child, my young cousin was killed in a bike accident. At his funeral, a woman spoke who said she always prayed whenever she heard sirens for the people and families of those involved. I've done that ever since and now I'm teaching the kids that. Sounds like you are doing the same thing with your family. I'll add that man to my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's a horrible thing to have to see. I hope he is ok.

DottieLou said...

you are so dang sweet.. we will remember..

Anonymous said...

I hope that he is okay, but more importantly I hope he knows Jesus as his Lord and Savior. It is always disturbing to see such things, but I believe that they are a reminder that our time here is limited.

jacquie said...

oh jeanette i can so relate. there is nothing so devastating as coming upon a scene like this. my heart goes out to you and those in the accident.