Saturday, October 11, 2008

Scratching

I found a pattern I really like, oddly it's NOTHING like the one I liked below, but I still really like it. It reminds me of the Grandma's Flower Garden quilts so I decided to go in that direction and switch the colors around on each block.


Photo Credit Silly Lil' Doe

Here is a picture of my first hex, sorry the photo is so bad, I didn't have decent lighting to take the picture with.



I have six blocks done so far and I am really loving how they are looking together. These hexagons work up SOOOO much faster than my aqua granny squares did, I am amazed at how fast I get them done. I think this may be my state fair entry for next year =0)

I will try to take a picture tomorrow if I have better lighting. Big gray clouds and snow flurries are not conducive to good photo lighting, but I won't complain because it is perfect weather for sitting inside and crocheting.

3 comments:

Liz said...

I love that. It will be amazing when it is finished.

Janie said...

That's going to look fantastic!

Anonymous said...

ooooh, they're adorable!!!!