Saturday, October 11, 2008

Itching

I have an itch, and I need to satisfy it.

It all started last year when the DUP honored my grandma, seeing the granny square afghan she made for my Aunt Jane led to the making of this...



But sadly the making of my granny square only amplified my itch rather than satisfying it. I love my granny square afghan so much, and I really want to make more. So I have been on the hunt for a pattern but haven't found one that I truly love until now.

I found this on flickr (Through Bloom's blog)


(Photo credit Shaby Roses Cottage)

And I will definately make this if I can find the pattern for it, in these exact colors, it will be so cute in my living room!

Then while searching through flickr I found this by Sarah London...


and even better...she has a free tutorial for how to make this lovely afghan.

I think I will start with the Hawaiian flowers since I have access to a pattern and hope that I can find a pattern for the penny rug looking afghan. Wish me luck. And go check out these two fabulous blogs!

Sarah London
Shabby Roses Cottage

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

ooooh! Love them! Wish I could crochet...I only know how to knit.

Melissa said...

So fun! You never cease to amaze me. That is something I would look at, smile, then walk away wishing I knew how to make. Good luck! One of these days maybe I will grab some ambition and have you teach me.

Valori said...

I am crocheting today too!! I am finishing a baby afghan and will take pictures and post it on my blog when it is done, it is a waffle pattern. I am getting excited to start my next one, I found a bubble pattern!

The patterns you found are very cute!! I also love the one you made!

Anonymous said...

I love them both!!! Let me know how it turns out

DottieLou said...

I missed you while you were being green. I love that flower one... I dont know how you keep trac of so many projects at once.. .. wow.. it was good to see you and your mom the other day