Monday, January 5, 2009

Scrumdillyumptios Baked Oatmeal Bars


So, I was on 2peas one day and they had a discussion about breakfast you can take on the road...

Someone posted a recipe for Baked Oatmeal Bars and I thought they sounded good, so I tried them tonight.

OH YUM! Quick and easy to make and very yummy! They taste like a mix between an oatmeal cookie, and an oatmeal muffin. Very soft and cakey.




Here is the recipe I used if you want to try them too.

Baked Oatmeal Bars

3 cups rolled oats
1 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
2 eggs
1/2 cup melted butter
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3/4 cup dried raisins (apples?) (optional)

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a large bowl, mix together oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt. Beat in milk, eggs, melted butter, and vanilla extract. Stir in raisins. Spread into a 9x13 inch baking dish.

Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes, cut into bars and serve hot or cold.


*Note* I substituted applesauce for the butter, and instead of raisins (Which no one in my house will eat) used chunks of dehydrated apple (Thanks Grandma, that huge can of dehydrated apples is a great Christmas present!)

4 comments:

Pivibird said...

These sound yummy. I will be giving them a try soon. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Twisted Chicken said...

I'm going to make these right now. They sound delicious. Thanks for the recipe.

Valori said...

I am also making them right now, they are in the oven, I never make treats! I use to when I was a teenager, but these looked good and healthy!!! And something that I think Igor will love! I added butterscotch chips to it too!! I will let you know how good they are! Thanks Jeanette for a wonderful recipe!!!

Sarah said...

Thanks for the recipe - I saw it on 2peas too but lost it, so was glad to find it on your blog.

I used craisins instead, and they were terrific.