Monday, February 23, 2009

Christmas Wish BOM blocks one and two

I was really looking forward to having this week off and being able to hang with the boys and also get lots of fun crafty projects done.

Sadly, my principal has other plans for me and I am working tomorrow and the next day. Darn! I really wanted to get some things done around here (Including a trip to Material Girls for fabric *wink*)
I have a horrible head and chest cold and feel like road kill and I have no voice, at all, which is always fun.

But since I was feeling slightly more alive today, I got a little sewing done. I started on my scrap quilt for a challenge on some one's blog, but I can't for the life of me remember who's blog it is right at this moment, and after a severe lack of inspiration and two false starts I decided to walk away and get started on my Christmas Wish block of the month from Gail Pan Design.

I love the fabric that I am using. I bought it in a scrap bag, they are bolt ends or something like that. They come from the factory and are something like a really rough cut jelly roll for a really great price. The designer is Sandy Gervais (My fave) for Moda and the line is called "Crazy Eight". I bought it thinking it was "American Primer" (You can't open the package and all you see are the raw ends) because the colors are about the same but was surprised to find not patriotic, but Christmas fabrics inside. I don't even remember seeing these fabrics in the store but I love them. It was a great find for me!

So anyway, here are my two blocks.
Month one...


And month two...


I think they look really great together and I can't wait to see the whole quilt finished.

2 comments:

The Young Family said...

I think I've said this before, but you're amazingly talented! I love seeing what craftiness you're up to!

Knit Family said...

I think they are beautiful!!!, now I finished my two first blocs!!!! it's a beutiful international work!