Saturday, February 21, 2009

Not your average pin cushion


No siree, this is no petite, unassuming pin cushion. There will be no misplacing this baby, it's HUGE! It's 8" from top to bottom and 7" from side to side.

The good thing about it is the pockets! Now when I am sitting in the family room hand sewing I will no longer be searching high and low and into the depths of the couch cushions to find my little tiny scissors, they will be stored neatly in their little pocket. How great is that?

And even better, it has Cherries on it =0) Don't you just love the gathered sides? I do, even if it was a royal pain stitching closed the opening left for turning and stuffing.

6 comments:

Kim Walus said...

Very cute pincushion! You picked my favorite colors and shape. I love hearts.

DottieLou said...

cute

Annieofbluegables said...

That's a darling pin cushion!
Thanks for visiting my blog. My email is located on my blog, email me and i will be happy to tell you more about my choir.

do you watch channel 2 weather on the weekends? Sterling is our leader.
~a

Anonymous said...

Adorable! Gonna make me one? :D

Quilting Queen said...

Love the pincushion.

quilter47 said...

Love your pincushion. I'm not a blogger but love pincushions and just happened upon your picture. Do you happen to know if there is a pattern out there or online somewhere for this?
Sheila
sap5@psu.edu