Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Playing


My mom bought a Jelly Cake (Strips of fabric rolled up into a wheel for you non-fabric lovers) of Valentine fabrics to make a table runner. She only used about half of it for her project and didn't really know what to do with the rest.

I told her I would take it and make a little quilt out of it.

This is my preliminary layout. There are some blocks that bug me, so I will probably rearrange a bit, and I can't decide if I should do sashing or not.

So far it's about the size of a baby quilt.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it!!! It reminds me of pinwheels

**MIGNONNE** said...

Once again you have blown me away! You probably did that in an afternoon didn't you;)

Isn't that just the yummiest fabric line ever!?! I think sashing would look fab and it would give you a little more size.

DottieLou said...

that is pretty .... hmmmmm i might have an idea

Jackie's Stitches said...

I don't see how anything about the layout can bug you. It is cute, cute, cute!

jacquie said...

i wouldn't change a thing! love those whirlygiggles without sashing.

Anonymous said...

Mom told me you were making a quilt for her... it's so cute!