Monday, March 9, 2009

Busy weekend

My sister and her family came to stay with us this weekend. We had tickets to the Draper LDS Temple open house for Saturday morning. I love going to Temple open houses and look forward to the open house for OUR temple in the fall.

This picture was taken from about 2-3 miles away so it's not the greatest picture, I was zoomed all the way out but it's the best I have, we didn't get a chance to go out on the temple grounds while we were there.


This is the plaque above the door. We truly believe our temples are sacred and holy places, we treat them with the utmost respect.



Because I was smart and made our reservations for first thing in the morning, we were able to walk right through this big loooooong tent tunnel (Heated, how nice is that?) and right in the door without waiting at all. When we went to the Bountiful open house we waited in line for four hours in the rain and snow because our tickets were late in the evening when everything was backed up. It's like going to the doctor's office, the earlier you get there, the better off you are.




Our Group... Back row L to R Brother in law Igor, Sister in Law Valori, Paternal Grandmother, Dad, Mom, Sister Shanae, Brother in Law Joe, Me, Husband B, and Mother In Law Sherie.
Front row L to R Nephew E, Son K, behind with black shirt is son PK, Nephew A, Behind is Nephew S, and son PF.


My family



My Parents.

If you would like to see pictures of the temple's interior, please visit this link.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome that everyone got to go at once!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for helping me get tickets and letting us stay with you! It was such a great experience, I can't wait to take the kids through the next open house!

Valori said...

We also loved being there!!! Neither Igor or I regetted getting up at 5:30am to be there that early!!! The pictures are great!! Every detail is very clear in the photo!!!