Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Scrappy Red Quilt


I love it when two things come together to motivate me!

Recently on the Twiddletails blog Anina challenged us to make something completely from scraps.

I had just finished the top for my Valentine table runner and had little pieces of cute red fabric left over. Plus I was inspired by a picture I saw on Flickr recently to cover a whole wall in little mini quilts.

Those two things combined inspired me to make this little mini qilt. It went together in a flash, I can't wait to make a whole bunch of little mini quilts to join it on my wall.

AND another special thing about this quilt...it's the first time I have ever done binding by myself. My mom has always done my binding for me, I was terrified of doing bindings for some reason. This was my very first and it's not even that bad! I'm so proud of myself for doing something I didn't think I could do.

I even used scraps for the backing (left over from a Halloween Dracula Cape) and binding (Left over from Valentine Table Runner).