Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Feeling Grateful

Today I am feeling very grateful for my Heavenly Father and his provisions. I feel grateful for the knowledge that I have that families are not "Til death do us part" but go on for the rest of time. I am grateful for the knowledge that some distant day I will be able to touch, feel, hold and kiss my daughter. I am grateful for a loving a just God that hears and answers prayers, forgives our sins (And loves us despite them) and heals our broken hearts and makes us whole again.

I am grateful for the chance that I have to be a mother, to ALL of my children.

I am grateful for the friends that I have.

I am sad today. I am sad for my friend and her loss. I am sad that her loss makes my own scarred heart ache for my own daughter. I am sad that my friend is already mourning a daughter and is now mourning a son. How does one recover from something like this? How do you pick up the pieces and move on?

"The LORD replied, my precious, precious child, I Love you and I would never leave you! During your times of trial and suffering when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you."

Footprints In The Sand
Carolyn Carty 1963

I know this is true. I KNOW it! I know because only by Him carrying me have I been able to make it from there, to here. I know I could never have made this journey on my own, and I know also because my faith is far deeper in times of trial, when He is closest. I know He is beside me, I feel His presence and I glory in it. Just as I know he is beside my friend, holding her up, holding her together.

My love, thoughts, and prayers are with the Sanders Family.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope that you have a better day tomorrow. You're such a great friend. And you're so strong. Thanks for your example.