Monday, April 6, 2009

Sometimes I surprise myself.


I flunked art. Literally flunked it, I just couldn't "Get it" no matter how I tried.

If only my Jr. High art teacher could see me now, I'm not so hopeless after all.

Now I am sure if a "Real" artist were to see this they would find all kinds of things to criticize, but it's a first for me and I'm pretty proud of it. I love it when I think I can't do something and I prove myself wrong.

There is still touch up work to do, but overall, I am really happy with it.

6 comments:

Jackie's Stitches said...

It's fantastic! I can't believe you don't have an art background. I know that faces are so hard to do and the face in this sketch is fantastic!

What's the story behind the picture?

Anonymous said...

I think it's AWESOME! Way to go!

DottieLou said...

agreed Awesome... good job... when do you find time ?????

Mrs. Misses said...

Are you kidding me? You are SO talented. I am not surprised because of how artsy and talented you are with your quilting and crafting but this takes some skill. You got mad skills, girl!

Bill Cobabe said...

You may surprise yourself and others, but you'll never surprise me. I have come to expect excellence from you, and you never fail to deliver. On the other hand, you never cease to amaze, inspire, and impress me. Keep up the great work!

PEACE

Anonymous said...

Nice job!