Friday, May 22, 2009

Bunny Hill BOM 5


It just occured to me that I forgot to share my latest Bunny Hill block.

I don't know what my problem was this month, when I saw the new block pattern I just didn't like it. It seemed so.....I don't know, I just didn't like it and because I didn't like it, I couldn't get excited about making it.

Looking back on it now, I can't decide what it was that I didn't like about it. I just remember that I had a strong adverse reaction to it. Maybe it's the butterfly. I have a strong aversion to butterflies. Could it be the horrifying 70's flashbacks?

The good news is, that now that I finally FORCED myself to make this block, and now that it's done, I like it. I'm happy with my fabric choices and overall the block has grown on me.

Hmmm now that I think about it, I think it's the 70's, because I also have a strong aversion to owls and mushrooms, although the new 2009 version of owls and mushrooms is really growing on me. Maybe there is hope for butterflies yet.

2 comments:

DottieLou said...

i think it is cute... who took that picture of the blossoming tree and house on your sidebar.

Jeanette said...

Dottie
I took the picture of the house and tree at Gardner Village, it's one of the shops there.