Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Feeling dejected

It has happened...again.

Everytime I join a swap B rolls his eyes and in an irritated voice says "I don't know why you keep doing this, you always get screwed!" And in a way, he's right.

Part of me feels like I am not allowed to complain because I was late mailing mine out this round, and I owe my friend Jen a package that is long overdue. But at the same time, JUST ONCE, I would like to get a package that makes all my hard work and effort worth it.

You have all seen my mini quilt for the DQS7 swap.


I kept hoping that my partner was just running behind. Hoping that any day now, she would surprise me with a package in the mail, the but mail out date was nearly a month ago and it looks like once again, I am being let down.

It's not fair! It makes me feel like I have done something bad and Karma is punishing me *sigh* I just wish people wouldn't sign up for things if they don't finish. And why is it always ME that is assigned the people who don't follow through.

I'm just sad, that's all. I was really looking forward to this.

6 comments:

Deb said...

Aw Jeanette, thats terrible. I know what you mean, its horrid when you put so much effort into a swap and get nothing or something that has been thrown together without any effort. I quite agree, why on earth do people sign up for things if they have no intention of following through. What was the swap you signed up for? Your DQS was lovely.

BAK said...

Dude, that stinks. I hate it when that happens.

Of course, I *do* still have your book, so maybe I should include myself in that group!

Amy Sorensen said...

That is pretty stinky! It is hard to find GOOD people to swap with. I've been burned like that a couple of times with scrapbooking swaps, I can't imagine how frustrating it must be after all that work on a QUILT! So sorry!

Twisted Chicken said...

I'm so sorry. I know how you feel. I quit doing swaps a few years ago because I was always so disappointed with what I received in return for my considerable efforts. Your quilts are wonderful!

Julie said...

That just isn't very nice! I hope maybe she was just late getting it mailed!

Jessica said...

I'm sorry that you haven't received your doll quilt yet. I was your assigned partner. I kept our swap "mom" in the loop all along and I was under the impression that she was relaying my messages to you (in order to keep my identity a surprise). I had absolutely every intention of getting your quilt to you *on time*. However then my husband got sick. Then my kids got sick. Then I got sick. It was then that we found out it was swine flu. And then that I found out that it comes and goes and comes back again....for about a month. I have been back to "normal" now for about three weeks and after a month in bed, I'm struggling just to get my laundry, dishes, household chores caught up. My quilting has fallen dispicibly behind and you are not the only person to whom I owe things.

Again, I sincerely apologize and you WILL get your original quilt eventually (you can see pic's of it on my blog & flickr page if you'd like a sneak peak). I honestly thought our swap mom was keeping you informed and had I known she wasn't, I would have contacted you long ago.
My apologies,
Jessica