Thursday, October 8, 2009

Angels

Apparently there are people who sign up to be Angels. When someone totally drops the ball on their swap, these angels fill in and make sure that no one goes un-quilted.

Today, I got a package in the mail, what perfect timing don't you think?

And what is even better, it made me kind of glad that the person who was assigned to me was a flake, because I am so in love with the quilt I received!


Not only did she send me this darling, wonderful, yippy skippy I love it so much, quilt, she sent me the sweetest, handmade card.


And a packet of other handmade cards for me to use. This is one talented lady!


So Tina, if you happen to see this, THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH! I went from being totally depressed yesterday to grinning like an idiot today. I can't even tell you how much I love this little quilt, and I am not even going to hang it in the stairway with the others, I am going to hang it in my sewing room where I can see it and smile every single day.

I am grateful to you for taking the time to step up and fill someone else's shoes and bringing a little joy to my life. I have needed a little joy lately.

5 comments:

Tina said...

Awww! This post makes me so happy. I feel honored that the quilt I made will have a special place in your sewing room. *smile*

Deb said...

Jeanette, that is such wonderful news. Yes there are angels in the world and I am so pleased one found you.-Thank you Tina.
I hope this has given you back a bit of faith Jeanette.

DottieLou said...

yea... what a good day

BAK said...

That is awesome. Glad you are happy today!!!

Anonymous said...

Way stinkin cute! And you deserve something great!!