Saturday, October 17, 2009

I'll admit it, I'm a geek

I know it's not fashionable, or cool, or in style, but I have to say, I love to cross stitch, I always have. I haven't done anything in cross stitch in years, but when I went in to my local thrift a while back and they had a HUGE stack of old Cross Stitch magazines, I had to take a peek and see if there were any worth buying.


I ended up buying six issues and have found quite a few things that I really love, and some that I may even get around to making.

(Click to enlarge)

For now, I am going to start with this sweet little pumpkin. I have a little, tiny, square picture frame to frame it with and I think it will make a charming addition to my fall decor.


I think next might be this...

3 comments:

Julie said...

I haven't done any cross stitch in years when I would do it on sweat shirts for my girls. But my father-n-law does it and just finished a picture for us of the last supper.

Deborah said...

Good for you. Looks really sweet.

Barbi said...

Too funny! I probably was the one that donated all those books. I took 2 big boxes to the DI in the summer.