Monday, February 22, 2010

Adore Pennant Banner


I know Valentine's Day is over, but I had this idea in my head and didn't have time to get it done.

A close up, can you see the irredescent glitter on the edges? It has such a pretty sparkle! The fabric is a thrifted bed sheet.

I think, since this matches my bedroom though, I may put it on my headboard and leave it up all year long.


Oh, I forgot to tell you! After 14 1/2 years of sleeping on the worlds ugliest waterbed, B finally bought me a REAL bed, with a REAL mattress! I can't tell you how heavenly it is to wake up in the morning without a back ache! Although I do really miss rocking myself to sleep at night. We got the mattresses for a killer deal at RC Willey, and the bed frame is from Ikea. We also went from a King to a Queen and now I actually have room for a bed table HORAY!


My only complaint...This bed is so high off the ground! We got the low profile box spring, but the mattress is so thick that I feel like a little kid crawling into bed, I have to throw my leg up and then hoist myself in. B might have to build me a little step stool while he's building my bedside table!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE it!! Your banners are always gorgeous!!

The Young Family said...

That's ADORABLE!

BAK said...

I love your bedding! It is beautiful. And the banner is awesome. How do you do it???

BTW - how are your new shoes treating you???

Julie said...

I love the banner! Don't you just love Ikea? Your bed is so sweet and I know what your talking about we have a high bed also and I have to hold on to the blankets to pull myself up!