Thursday, June 23, 2011

Hey, it's good to be back home again...

Two of my favorite things on earth, home, and John Denver! I'm not sure why, but going home makes me want to listen to John. It drives my husband nuts because he can't stand John Denver.


I haven't lived in my home town since I was nine years old, but to me, it will always be "Home". It's the place where my soul feels the most as peace. I am a country girl at heart, but married to my city boy who would rather die than live in a small town *Sigh*.

Luckily my sister and I have great plans to move into an old victorian after our husbands die and become crazy old cat ladies =0) I even have a picture of the perfect house in my slide show here, it's just down the street from my grandmother's house and my Great Grandma lived there while she was going to school because her family lived too far out of town for her to be at home and still make it to school during the winter. It's the house of my dreams!

So sit back and enjoy a slide show of the sheer beauty of my home town. I hope it stirs your soul and makes your heart sing the way it does mine.

5 comments:

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

I love John Denver songs. We had a couple played at our wedding many, many years ago. Your home town looks so beautiful and green! Enjoy your time :)

The Young Family said...

Loved your slide show. My fanily is all from Logan so this brings back the memories! Oh and I LOVE that home! I hope you get to have it and fill it with cats one day!

DottieLou said...

Country Roads take me Home..... I thought I wanted to move there once.... .but it is just to dang cold. I fell in love with Hyrum the 1st time I went there.... camping with my parents.... a year or so before I met the Y family... the entire town smelled of Lilacs it was wonderful Good luck with the cats

Apryl said...

It's so GREEN!!! What would that be line?

Jeanette said...

It's not normally that green. You know those two rivers I posted pictures off? They are both flooding the entire valley. Not good times up there, but it looks so pretty from above =0)