Saturday, June 11, 2011

WHEW!!!

Two of the worst times for me are #1 The Beginning of the school year, and #2 the end of the school year!

The great news is, I AM DONE! All reports written, all files filed, all students celebrated! I have to go in on Monday and finish cleaning out my classroom (I'm homeless next year, and will be rotating from classroom to classroom which I am NOT looking forward to!) and after that, I am free for the summer!

I spent yesterday celebrating by doing a much needed tidying job on my disaster of a sewing room, then working on my STUD Swap quilt (P.s. STUD stands for Swap Til U Drop, get your mind out of the gutter!)

Our theme this round is Disney. I, of course, was VERY excited having just come back from two weeks at Disney World. Disney is special to me. I have always loved Disney so I was thrilled for this swap.

My partner said she LOVES!!! Pirates! Hmmmm what to do, what to do! I had an idea, but while browsing around the internet found a way to make it even better and the end result is a quilt that I am so proud of. It's one of those quilts that has just worked out every step of the way, no disasters, it just went smoothly, which is unusual for me!


Since this is not a blind swap (My partner knows who I am) I can only show sneak peeks until she gets to see her quilt in person. So here is my latest sneak peek. I am just so beyond thrilled with this quilt. It's one of those that just makes me giggle the whole time I'm working on it. I really hope she loves it as much as I do! I am all done save the binding (Which I still have to find fabric for!)

As a little extra addition to my partner's package, I made a mug rug for her little guy who is also a pirate fan, so I'm told.

1 comments:

**MIGNONNE** said...

Oh my gosh! Disney? Pirates? What more can you ask for? It looks so incredibly awesome. I can't wait to see it all.