Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Sewing Sewing

I have been having fun in my sewing room lately, and even accomplished a few things, yay me!

First of all, I made my last three blocks and put the top together for my Great Granny Quilt. Now, unfortunately, I'm stuck. I keep looking at all those tiny squares and trying to figure out how I want to quilt this. I haven't had any ideas yet, so it's still just a flimsy. I'm willing to sit on it for a bit because I don't want to be disappointed with it when I'm finished.


I have to say, I really love this little quilt. It's so ME. It's my favorite colors, it's bright, fun and unashamed of it's colorfulness =0) I love everything about it (Except maybe that one hot pink and white polka dot on the left side, I don't love that one as much).

I tried to hurry and get block three of the Fat Quarter Shop Mystery BOM done before block four arrived but I didn't quite make it. But now both three and four are finished. I love this quilt too. I'm so glad I joined this BOM. I nearly didn't, I HATE mystery quilts. I am very OCD and not knowing where something is going makes me a nervous wreck, but I figured with Vintage Modern fabric, how could you possibly go wrong? And I have every reason to believe that this will be one of my favorite quilts when it's finished.
I've also been playing in mom's scrap basket again. These are little tiny triangles that she cut off when doing her "Love Letters" quilt. She just rolled her eyes, laughed, and told me I was crazy when I started sewing them into squares. This little quilt measures 9.5" with borders. This is one of my favorite quilt patterns, I have made it in several sizes from several different fabrics, but this one is definitely the tiniest!


0 comments: