Friday, November 9, 2012

Overwhelmed

As the reality of moving gets closer and closer I can no longer be in denial. I WILL have to move all this junk.

I look around my house and I am overwhelmed by the sheer size of it all, we have an enormous amount of CRAP crammed into this little house! I spend time on pintrest looking at all these beautiful homes that are tidy and put together and then I turn around and look at my own house which is closer to an episode of hoarders and my brain just shuts down.

Do I need all this crap? No! Can I force myself to let it go? No =0( I just can't get past the "What if I need it at the new house?" mind block.

Or the "It cost money, it would be such a waste."

The biggest area of concern is my sewing/craft room. I have SO! MUCH! STUFF! in this room. I really need to start packing. I need to start purging in massive quantities, but I pull out fabric and even though I don't really like it, I invent some excuse for why I can't possibly get rid of it. It's a sickness I tell you, I need an intervention! If I wasn't so ashamed of myself and this pigsty I would beg someone to come help me.

I don't know what to do. My mind just closes down completely every time I try to think about it. I feel that tingling sensation that precedes a panic attack so I divert and stop thinking about it.

I'm going to be in BIG trouble!

3 comments:

Stitches said...

All of your thoughts, are my sentiments exactly. I am getting so worried about all of my "stuff" and worry about having my kids having to go through it and dispose of it. It is scary when I think about it. If you come up with some solutions, please let us know, until then we just have to enjoy our "stuff" and try to sort through it occasionally.

Anjeanette said...

When we moved a couple of years ago, I purged so much stuff. I hated doing it and was mad and pouty. Our house is almost twice the size now. We have much less stuff and I LOVE it! I think I could easily become a hoarder. So my way of fighting it is (Gasp! I can't believe I'm going to say it) less is more mentality. It is hard but you can do it. And you will be glad when you do. When and where are you moving? You can do it!

Liz said...

I know exactly how you feel! Just start out small - get rid of things you have doubles of. Then as you begin to purge it starts to feel good and that feeling helps you get rid of more.