Friday, January 25, 2008

Because I need the drawer space!


So after my monumentally crappy morning with DS, I decided to retreat to my office/sewing room/craft room. Whatever you want to call it, it is my haven. The place where I can be myself and not have to take care of anyone elses problems.


I didn't dare sew because I was upset and when I am upset I make mistakes. Not a good combination.


So I decided to tackle the cookie cutter box. I have a bit of a cookie cutter fetish. I adore frosted sugar cookies so I have cookie cutters for every holiday. They are taking over the drawer in my kitchen so I convinced DH I needed a better place to store them. I don't make cookies that often so it would be ok to store them on top of the kitchen cabinets if I could find a cute way to do it. So I decided a hat box would be a fun and cute solution.


Off to the craft store, I knew what I wanted to do but not exactly how to go about it, so I bought all the stuff I needed then brought it home and set it on my craft table, where it has been sitting for about three months.


Today was the day, what makes a sad, burned out, overwhelmed mom feel better than playing with decoupage medium?


I have to say that for the first time in my life, a craft project turned out EXACTLY as I had envisioned it. I am so in love with this box, it is so ME! I love everything and anything vintage and this just fits the bill to a T. It reminds me of old tin canisters that my grandma would have had in her kitchen when my dad was a child. I am so excited.


I am planning to totally revamp the tops of my cabinets. I don't like how they look now, so when I get the rest of it done I will post a before and after picture. DH the crafty man is building me some little wooden salt box houses to go up there as well. I hope my cabinets look awesome when I am done. If only I could paint the stupid walls, being a renter sucks sometimes!

0 comments: