Friday, January 25, 2008

The Earth Laughs In Flowers


I can totally see how this statement could be true. Flowers bring my joy simply by being there. How can you be in a place filled with flowers and be anything BUT happy? I just don't think it's possible.

My back yard is an amazing place. The previous owners put in some amazing hardscape just before selling the house and moving away, all we had to do was add flowers and plants. Our back yard is in terraces and it is phenomenal. I love to be out there.

The downside? it is soooooo much work it's unbelievable. There is a gravel path going through the yard that must be constantly weeded. Which isnt too bad since it's gravel and the roots don't really have good purchase, they are easy to remove but time consuming and I am always annoyed to go back out the next morning and find the path over run with weeds again. How do they grow so fast?

Also since I have been sick so much this year I haven't been able to devote my typical 2-3 hours per day to weeding. My back flowerbeds that go on and on and on are over come with weeds. It makes me sad and overwhelmed.

Also for some reason my flower garden has taken a serious turn towards yellow and orange this year. I am not sure how that happened because I planted the exact same seeds that I planted last year, and last year my flower garden was mostly pink and blue. Maybe because of the extreme heat this year? Who knows. But I have to say, as much as I like the orange and yellow I much prefer the pink. Maybe the pink all bloom later in the summer who knows.

0 comments: