Friday, January 25, 2008

Warning, big whiney rant ahead

All three of my boys are poor students, VERY poor. PK has three F's on his progress report, the only subject he is above a C in is Science.

PF is doing better, he only has one F (For not turning in his weekly reading minutes).

K is constantly in trouble with his teacher (But has been doing great last week and this week because he is trying to earn a little pet shop turtle, we will see what happens next week). I am trying desperately to keep him from being on a behavior contract because I don't want that to be on his school record and have teachers automatically assume he will be a problem and treat him accordingly.

I am frustrated, burned out (and they have only been in school for a month now) and ready to just pack us all up, move to the mountains down south and be hillbillies. You don't have to have a doctorate to be a hillbilly.

I am just worried for their futures. I don't know how to help them, it is a constant battle to get them to do their never ending ammounts of homework.

How to parents do it? Seriously, we do homework all day every day, how do parents handle having kids in sports and music lessons and scouts and such. We seriously don't have time for anything other than homework!

I was offered a long term sub job. Teaching first grade for six weeks while a teacher is on maternity leave. I am already dreading what my life is going to be like. Trying to get the kids at school to do their work, then coming home and trying to force MY kids to do their work. I have a headache and a nervous twitch just thinking about it.

And finally... what business do I have being a teacher when I can't even get my own kids to be good students? What do I do? How do I help them?

I just feel like I am lost in the dark and I don't know even where to start looking for the light.

0 comments: